Across the United States, 29 states and the District of Columbia have established renewable portfolio standards (RPS), requiring utilities serving customers in each state to supply a targeted portion of their electricity from renewable resources.
The AWEA State RPS Market Assessment 2013 looks out to the year 2025, when most RPS requirements must be met in full, to determine the amount of incremental renewable energy demand that RPS programs will drive.
Wind energy has historically been the renewable technology of choice to meet RPS requirements, fulfilling 86% of RPS requirements through 2011. Given the success of RPS programs in driving significant wind energy development, this report looks beyond total RPS requirements to assess the incremental RPS demand that wind is eligible to capture as well as the RPS demand that wind is expected to capture.
In the AWEA State RPS Market Assessment 2013, readers will learn more about:
- The structure of RPS programs in each state
- The amount of electricity sales obligated to meet RPS requirements
- The portion of RPS requirements that wind is eligible to fulfill
- Total, wind-eligible, and expected-wind RPS demand nationwide, by region, and by state
- Regional RPS demand
- State by state RPS demand
Download Executive Summary
Download Complete Report (Members-Only)
Download Webinar Recording (Members-Only)