NEW YORK—The American Wind Energy Association will kick off the fall with its annual Wind Energy Finance & Investment Seminar next Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 9 and 10, at the Conrad New York Hotel, 102 North End Ave., in New York’s Battery Park near Wall Street.
As one of the leading events in the country for the finance sector and wind energy community, this event focuses on the many aspect of financing a wind project:
- State of the market in project finance
- Key issues to successfully recruiting project capital
- What is trending in today's marketplace, where wind is 50% less expensive than four years ago (according to Lazard)
- How will the future trends impact deals
- Which companies are leading the way for innovative deal structures
Get inside the heads of some of the biggest companies financing wind energy. Explore mergers and acquisitions through case studies presented by industry leaders. Hear experts' processes, progress, and pitfalls (and use these lessons to strengthen your own company and investments).
This year’s event starts at 1 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 9 with remarks from AWEA CEO Tom Kiernan, and a keynote speech by Richard Kauffman, Chairman of Energy and Finance for the State of New York. Other highlights will include:
- Technical review session focused on the IRS guidance on “under-construction” language for qualifying for the wind energy Production Tax Credit, with Christopher Kelley of the Office of the Tax Legislative Council, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Panel of top industry CEOs, including supply chain companies and developers, discussing their top priorities and concerns
- Panel on how policy impacts finance, including a deputy comptroller from the Treasury Department
The Program Chairman this year is Raymond Wood, Managing Director and head of U.S. Power and Renewables for Bank of America Merrill Lynch. A detailed agenda is available on AWEA’s newly relaunched awea.org website at this link.
Following the CEO panel, there will be a media availability with Kiernan, CEO for EDP Renewables Gabriel Alonso and CEO for EDF Renewables Energy Tristan Grimbert from 11:35 – 11:55 am Eastern on Tuesday, Sept. 10, in Studio Three/Four of the Conrad New York Hotel, 102 North End Ave. Accredited journalists on assignment can register to attend the overall event and/or the media availability by contacting Lindsay North at email@example.com.