AWEA Offshore WINDPOWER 2020 Virtual Summit
October 13 - 14, 2020 | Online Event
New VIP Speakers Confirmed!
Access these exciting speaker presentations and more when you register to join us October 13-14:
- Ali Zaidi, Deputy Secretary to Governor Cuomo & Chairman of Climate Policy and Finance
- Rear Admiral Tim Gallaudet, Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere, Deputy Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Daniel Simmons, Assistant Secretary for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, US Department of Energy
- Walter Cruickshank, Acting Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management
- John Lavelle, President & CEO, Offshore Wind, GE Energy
- Ed Saade, President, Fugro USA
- Siri Kindem, President, Equinor Wind US
- David Hardy, President & COO, US Offshore Wind, Orsted
- Chris Hart, President& Managing Director, Atlantic Shores
- Mark Mitchell, Vice President of Generation Construction, Dominion Energy
- Michael Brown, CEO, Mayflower
- Lars Thaaning Pedersen, CEO, Vineyard Wind
- Eric Thumma, Interim VP Offshore Wind, Avangrid Renewables
- Doreen Harris, President & CEO, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (moderating)
Offshore Wind: Building the Future
The U.S. offshore wind industry is set to deliver significant economic benefits over the next decade. In addition to providing clean, affordable, and reliable power, the U.S. Offshore Wind Power Economic Impact Assessment estimates that developing 30,000 megawatts (MW) of offshore wind along the East Coast could support up to 83,000 jobs and deliver $25 billion in annual economic output by 2030.
With wind workers on the frontlines helping to keep the lights on every day, the industry will play an essential role in the post-pandemic economic recovery. These new jobs will help spur an economic boom in disenfranchised and urban communities throughout coastal states. In addition to thousands of jobs for legacy energy workers, offshore wind will offer an abundance of opportunities for the next generation of the ocean industry’s workforce around the country.
With offshore wind playing this critical role in economic recovery, it is more important now than ever that we come together to discuss what that really means and how we get there. How can we build this industry inclusively and responsibly and cultivate the next generation of clean energy leaders? Join top developers and experts at the AWEA Offshore WINDPOWER Virtual Summit to address these important topics.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: AWEA is focused on reconstructing the 2020 Offshore WINDPOWER Virtual Summit to create a valuable and successful online experience allowing you to connect during this critical time in the offshore wind sector. Participants will have available live presentations, on-demand sessions, matchmaking, a marketplace of product & service providers, and unique shared social experiences.
All educational content will be virtual. All exhibits will also be available in a virtual marketplace.
AWEA’s 2019 event hit capacity with nearly 1,300 attendees between the two days of the conference, and over 75 exhibitors. As more steel goes in the water, this event will only continue to grow in value and scope.
>>>View the 2019 post conference report
>>>Purchase the 2019 conference recordings
Unlimited Team Registration Now Available
Given the momentum behind offshore wind, in addition to the critical role in economic recovery it will play, it is more important now than ever that we come together. With the 2020 AWEA Offshore WINDPOWER event going virtual, we no longer have space limitations and would like to open it up for as many members of your team to join as possible.
Members: $2,500 for unlimited company participation
Nonmembers: $3,500 for unlimited company participation