The AWEA Industry Awards program honors individuals and companies that have demonstrated excellence in advancing the wind energy industry. The annual awards program is an opportunity to recognize those leaders at all levels, in all areas of the industry that have shown powerful support and a clear vision for wind energy. AWEA Industry Award winners include supporters, leaders, innovators, and advocates.
Nominations will be accepted on an ongoing basis for the AWEA Industry Awards and are now announced at various AWEA events as indicated below. To ensure your nomination is considered, please be sure to submit it at least 8 weeks before the event occurs. Future event dates can be found on our event calendar.
Submit A Nomination
It only takes 5 minutes to nominate an individual or company. Benefits to award winners are considerable, and will include:
- Winners Announced at Industry-Specific Conferences - Winners will be named in front of the appropriate industry specific audience at various AWEA events throughout the year as noted below.
- News media attention - AWEA will issue a news release and encourage leading wind energy news media to publish exclusive interviews and feature stories on the winners.
- Online Recognition - AWEA will publish articles on AWEA's blog, Into the Wind, and on the AWEA website.
- Social media - Winners will also be shared on AWEA's LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter sites, reaching audiences of over 150,000 people.
Industry award categories include (descriptions/criteria below):
- Wind Energy Person of the Year (presented at the AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium)
- Outstanding Commercial Achievement Award (presented at the AWEA Wind Energy Fall Symposium)
- Andrew Linehan Award for Environmental Excellence (presented at the AWEA Wind Project Siting & Environmental Compliance Conference)
- Technical Achievement Award (presented at the AWEA Wind Resource & Project Energy Assessment Conference)
- Excellence in Operations (presented at the AWEA Wind Project O&M and Safety Conference)
- AWEA Safety and Health Excellence Award Program (presented at the AWEA Wind Project O&M and Safety Conference)
The deadline to submit nominations is 8 weeks before the event noted below. Please check the event calendar for upcoming event dates. Nominations received after this time will not be considered until the next time the award is presented.
Please submit any questions regarding the nominations process to email@example.com. AWEA reserves the right to evaluate nominations and does not guarantee each will be awarded every year.