WINDPOWER 2016 Press Kit
Credentialled members of the press can register for WINDPOWER 2016 here, select "request a complimentary press pass."
Contact Evan Vaughan, AWEA Media Relations Coordinator, if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view a map showing the location of WINDPOWER's press room.
AWEA press releases:
- American wind power sets sights on doubling in five years; Cost cuts, innovation will drive industry to 10% U.S. electricity by 2020, say industry leaders
- WINDPOWER 2016 comes marching into New Orleans; Event unveils big changes and ‘Generation Wind’ theme in the Big Easy
- Press registration open for WINDPOWER 2016 Conference
- KidWind Hosts National KidWind Challenge in New Orleans
WINDPOWER participant press releases (releases added throughout conference)
Wednesday, May 25
Tuesday, May 24
- Motion Industries launches renewable energy segment initiative
- EdgeData Launches BladeEdge, Innovate Analytical Software Portal
Monday, May 23
Friday, May 20
- Siemens: Siemens to showcase cost efficient wind technology at AWEA WINDPOWER 2016
- Louisiana Wind, LLC: Louisiana wind developer announces 150 MW sustainable energy project in evangeline parish
Schedule for press:
Some of WINDPOWER's highlights for the press are outlined below, click here to view the full conference schedule.
May 24, 2016
Welcome and Opening General Session, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Building to an Even Stronger Future, opening remarks by Tom Kiernan, AWEA CEO;
Keynote speaker: Steve Berberich, President and CEO, California ISO;
Wind Industry Leader Panel, featuring:
- Moderated by Russel Gold, energy reporter, The Wall Street Journal;
- Chris Brown, President, Vestas Americas, and incoming AWEA Board Chair;
- Jeffrey Grybowski, Chief Executive Officer, Deepwater Wind;
- Michael Skelly, Founder and President, Clean Line Energy Partners;
- Eric Stidman, Chief Financial Officer, BP Wind Energy North America Inc.;
- Patrick Woodson, Chairman, E.ON Climate & Renewables North America;
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Wind Industry Leader Panel, 11:15 - 11:30 p.m., Room 292
Click here to view a map to the media availability.
Panel: Meet the CEOs: 2015 Reflections, 2016 Perspectives, 1:00 - 1:45 p.m.
2015 was an exciting year for the industry. During this panel, AWEA’s outgoing and incoming board chairs will join AWEA CEO, Tom Kiernan in taking a look back at this crucial period for wind energy in the U.S., as well as share their vision on moving forward in 2016.
National KidWind Challenge, 9:00 - 4:00 p.m., award ceremony starts at 5:00 p.m.
Over 100 4th through 12th grade students convene to test their wind turbine designs. The competition will involve wind tunnel testing, judging by engineering staff, instant competitions, and student presentations.
Exhibit Hall open, 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
May 25, 2016
U.S. Department of Energy Collegiate Wind Competition 2016: Team Project Pitches, 9:20 - 12:00 p.m. AND 1:00 - 2:35 p.m., award ceremony starts at 5:00 p.m.
Panel: Wind Power for CFOs: The Other Side of a Corporate Wind Deal, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., featuring:
- Moderated by Daniel Gross, Executive Editor, Strategy + Business;
- Pete Dignan, President & COO, Renewable Choice Energy;
- Jacob Susman, VP, Head of Origination, EDF Renewable Energy;
- Rob Threlkeld, Global Manager, Renewable Energy, General Motors;
- Mark Vanderhelm, VP, Energy, Walmart;
MEDIA AVAILABILITY: Wind Power for CFOs, The Other Side of a Corporate Wind Deal, 4:45 - 5:00 p.m.
Exhibit Hall open, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
May 26, 2016
Presentation: Near and Mid-term Prospects for Wind Power, Focusing on Low Wind Speed Regions, 10:00 - 10:25 a.m.
Exhibit Hall open, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
For background on wind power in Louisiana please see AWEA’s fact sheet here http://bit.ly/23XD3vt.
Latest wind energy headlines: