In This Section
- * Home
AWEA Wind Power on Capitol Hill 2014
February 25 - 26, 2014
The Liaison Capitol Hill | Washington, D.C.
AWEA is pleased to welcome Representative Tom Latham, U.S. Congressman representing Iowa’s 3rd District, as our Wind Power on Capitol Hill Keynote Speaker. Representative Latham is serving his 10th term in the U.S. House of Representatives. During this time, he has consistently supported the extension of the renewable energy production tax credit (PTC). In the past several years, he has been a true champion for American wind power, cosponsoring H.R. 3307, a bill that proposed to extend the PTC for four years, signing multiple letters to colleagues, tax committee members, and House leadership in support of a PTC extension, and testifying in support of the PTC in front of the House Ways and Means Committee. Recently, Congressman Latham announced that he will be retiring at the end of this term. In honor of his tireless support for our industry, we will be presenting him with a Lifetime Achievement Award in coordination with his keynote speech. Full bio >
As 2014 begins, and Congress has allowed the federal renewable energy production tax credit (PTC) and investment tax credit (ITC) to expire, AWEA urges you to plan a trip to Capitol Hill to fight to extend this policy. AWEA Wind Power on Capitol Hill is a rare opportunity to participate in advocacy training with your colleagues, with the goal of educating legislators and their staff on the wind industry’s top policy initiatives.
During Wind Power on Capitol Hill, hear from:
- Wind industry experts on where the market stands, and what difference federal policies can make to the wind industry’s future
- Members of Congress and their staff on the legislative landscape, and the dynamics around the upcoming elections
- Advocacy pros on the most effective techniques for conducting meetings on the Hill, and fostering long-lasting relationships with your elected officials
Plus, over two days you will:
- Network with your industry colleagues, particularly those who live and work in the same area as you.
- Meet with your elected officials, where you’ll advocate for policies that support your business and the wind industry.
- Collaborate with your colleagues - working together, we can educate hundreds of legislative offices in the matter of one day on the importance of extending the PTC, and creating a stable federal energy policy.
You know as well as we do that it’s crucial to extend the PTC and ITC as quickly as possible this year. Your participation in Wind Power on Capitol Hill can make a huge difference in making it happen.
This event is for AWEA business members only. To become a member today to participate in AWEA Wind Power on Capitol Hill, please visit www.awea.org/membership