Wind Energy Industry Market Report: Second Quarter 2011
The U.S. wind industry installed 1,033 megawatts during the second quarter of 2011, bringing installations through the first half of 2011 up to 2,151 MW. Through the end of June 2011, the industry totaled 42,432 MW of cumulative wind capacity.
There also were 7,432 MW currently under construction – including a 78 MW repowering project in California and over 2,500 MW of construction that started during the second quarter of 2011. These projects are spread across 28 states.
In this report, view maps and graphs on:
- U.S. annual and cumulative wind power capacity
- U.S. wind power installations by quarter
- U.S. wind power capacity installations – top states
- U.S. wind power capacity installations by state
- Wind power capacity under construction
- U.S. wind project completed during the first and second quarters of 2011