Wind in the News
The American Wind Energy Association shares the most important information affecting the industry through press releases. Below is a compilation of all press releases, for more information on any specific release please reach out to AWEA's Media Contacts.
- 3/13/2013 - American wind power now generates over 10 percent of electricity in nine states
- 3/8/2013 - Corrected News Release: American wind power goes back to business, creating U.S. jobs
- 2/27/2013 - Eighty percent of Ohio voters support requiring a portion of the state’s energy to come from clean sources
- 2/21/2013 - U.S. electric utilities flock to lower-priced wind power
- 2/12/2013 - AWEA applauds critical step to modernize power grid in Western U.S.
- 2/12/2013 - Statement by AWEA Interim CEO Rob Gramlich on President Obama’s State of the Union speech
- 1/30/2013 - Wind energy top source for new generation in 2012; American wind power installed new record of 13,124 MW
- 1/23/2013 - U.S. wind industry’s 4Q numbers to show success of Production Tax Credit
- 1/11/2013 - With policy certainty, America’s wind industry focuses on building clean, affordable, wind power and driving investment
- 1/7/2013 - 75,000 wind workers to Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus and Father of the PTC Chuck Grassley: “Thank you!”