Important studies on wind energy and property values
Get an overview of property values and wind energy, and view key research here:
- Carter, J. (2011) The Effect of Wind Farms on Residential Property Values in Lee County, Illinois. Thesis Prepared for Masters Degree. Illinois State University. Draft Version. 35 pages.
- Heintzelman, M. D. and Tuttle, C. (2011) Values in the Wind: A Hedonic Analysis of Wind Power Facilities. Working Paper: 39.
- Hinman, J. L. (2010) Wind Farm Proximity and Property Values: A Pooled Hedonic Regression Analysis of Property Values in Central Illinois. Thesis Prepared for Masters Degree in Applied Economics. Illinois State University, Normal. May, 2010. 143 pages.
- Hoen, B., Wiser, R., Cappers, P., Thayer, M. and Sethi, G. (2009) The Impact of Wind Power Projects on Residential Property Values in the United States: A Multi-Site Hedonic Analysis. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA. December, 2009. 146 pages. LBNL-2829E.
- Hoen, B., Wiser, R., Cappers, P., Thayer, M. and Sethi, G. (2011) Wind Energy Facilities and Residential Properties: The Effect of Proximity and View on Sales Prices. Journal of Real Estate Research. 33(3): 279-316
- Hoen, B., Brown, J., Jackson, T., Wiser, R., Thayer, M. and Cappers, P. (2013) A Spatial Hedonistic Analysis of the Effects of Wind Energy Facilities on Surrounding Property Values in the United States. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA. 151 pages.
- Hoen, B. and Atkinson-Palombo. C., (2014) Relationship between Wind Turbines and Residential Property Values in Massachusetts. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA and University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT. 47 pages.
- Lang, C. and Opaluch, J., (2013) Effect of Wind Turbines on Property Values in Rhode Island. University of Rhode Island. 29 pages.
- Palmer, J. (1997) Public Acceptance Study of the Searsburg Wind Power Project - One Year Post Construction. Prepared for Vermont Environmental Research Associates, Inc., Waterbury Center, VT. December 1997. 58 pages.
- Laposa, S. P. and Mueller, A. (2010) Wind Farm Announcements and Rural Home Prices: Maxwell Ranch and Rural Northern Colorado. Journal of Sustainable Real Estate. 2(1).
- Vyn, R. and McCullough, R. (2014) The Effects of Wind Turbines on Property Values in Ontario: Does Public Perception Match Empirical Evidence. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 28 pages.
- Wolsink, M. (2007) Wind Power Implementation: The Nature of Public Attitudes: Equity and Fairness Instead of 'Backyard Motives'. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 11(6): 1188-1207.