Manufacturing Facilities 2013
- During 2013 at least 560 wind-related manufacturing facilities produced a product for the U.S. wind energy industry across 43 states.
- The U.S. wind energy supply chain contains 12 utility-scale blade facilities, 14 tower facilities, and 9 turbine nacelle assembly facilities, all spread across 19 states.
- Annual U.S. production capability of wind turbine nacelles stands at more than 12 GW.
- The domestic content of wind turbines has grown from less than 25% prior to 2005 to approximately 72% at the end of 2012, according to U.S. International Trade Commission data and analysis from the U.S. Department of Energy.
Source: AWEA U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report Year Ending 2013 ©
Also in the Report
- Major Component Manufacturing (Towers, Blades, Nacelles)
- List of 560 Wind-related Manufacturing Facilities, by Location and Component;
- OEM Market Share, over Time and during 2013;
- List of 28 Active OEMs by year, 2005-2013;
- Trends in wind turbine size;
- Turbine models installed during 2013;
- Average Rotor diameter and hub height