Turbines Manufacturers & Rankings
- There are approximately 46,100 wind turbines making up the U.S. wind turbine fleet of 61,110 MW.
- The top three wind turbine manufacturers, measured by cumulative share of the wind turbine fleet are GE Energy, Vestas, and Siemens.
- GE Energy captures 40% market share of the cumulative wind turbine fleet, by capacity, followed by Vestas with 19% market share, and Siemens with 14% market share.
- While there were 28 active OEMs supplying the market during 2012, there were seven OEMs supplying the projects completed during 2013.
- Six original equipment operators (OEMs) of wind turbines installed 12 different wind turbine models with a rated capacity of 0.28-MW to 2.85-MW.
- The average wind turbine installed during 2013 had a rating of 1.87-MW, a hub height 80.3 meters and rotor diameter of 97.0 meters.
Source: AWEA U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report Year Ending 2013 ©
Also in the Report
- OEM market share, by MW
- OEM market share for new 2013 capacity
- OEM market share over time
- List of 28 Active OEMs by year, 2005-2013
- Trends in wind turbine size
- Turbine models installed during 2013
- Rotor diameter and hub height over time, 2011-2013