Utilities & Rankings 2013
- Xcel Energy continues to rank No.1 for wind power on a utility system; it achieves this ranking with a total of 5,080 MW under direct ownership and under contract.
- MidAmerican ranks in the No. 2 spot with 4,429 MW of wind capacity, followed by Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas & Electric, and American Electric Power, who round out the top 5 electric utilities for wind power on their system.
- MidAmerican (including PacifiCorp) continues to lead the U.S. in terms of utility ownership of wind power capacity with more than 3,000 MW under direct ownership.
- Basin Electric Power Cooperative continued to be the top-ranked cooperative utility with over 700 MW of wind power capacity and
- CPS Energy was the top-ranked public utility with over 1,059 MW of wind power capacity.
- The top 10 electric utilities in 2013 signed more than 2,500 MW of new power purchase agreements during 2013, or 31% of the 8,000 MW of total new power purchase agreements signed during the year.
Source: AWEA U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report Year Ending 2013 ©
Also in the Report
- Investor Owned Utilities: Rankings and MW of owned and contracted wind capacity
- Cooperatives: Rankings and MW of owned and contracted wind capacity
- Municipal & Public Utility Districts Rankings and MW of owned and contracted wind capacity